TOP 500 REVIEWER
Reviewed in Australia on 26 March 2020
I knew going in that I was going to love Banks and Candy's story. First because Lani Lynn Vale wrote it. Secondly because this series has been great. But mainly because the tension between them was palpable in Crazy Heifer, I just knew it was going to be amazing when it exploded.

What I didn't know was how much my heart was going to break for Candy. I thought the drama between her and Banks was normal egotistical, teenager boy behaviour from when they were in high school carried over into adult animosity. I had this assumption that he had messed up and she had held a grudge. And I figured he would grovel and voila smoking hot chemistry explodes. Boy was I wrong. Candy broke my heart and made me love her for all that she went through and how beautifully she dealt with it.

There was so much more to this story than I anticipated. And I loved it. I loved that Candy was the awesome person that she was. And I really loved that Banks had grown up and realised that she was everything he wanted. They were so sweet together and that epilogue just killed me. I loved it so hard. And now I can't wait to get Darby's book next.
Report abuse Permalink