TOP 50 REVIEWER
17 March 2019
Beautiful Bad by Annie Ward is tough book to review. I didn't hate this book but I can't say that I loved it either. It started off so well - straight into a the scene of a murder and the police coming to the house after a frantic 911 call. It then jumps back and forth through time and tells the story of Maddie, Ian and Jo. At times I found it to be very slow and then others I was fascinated.

Ian and Maddie met 16 years ago in Europe. Ian was in the British Army and Maddie a travel writer visiting her best friend Jo was an aid worker. They did not exactly hit off straight away and Jo was not a fan at all. They meet in various places around the world for the next 16 years. Now they are married and have a son, Charlie. Ian is not a pleasant man at all and I did not see the attraction. He is controlling and does not give Maddie a happy life. Without giving anything away it is hard to say much more about the story.

It is certainly a different way of telling the story but I wasn't completely sold on it. I did enjoy parts of this book.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink