15 February 2018
SCARS TO BEAR is the continuing story of young Jamie from the DEAR TEDDY books , that absolutely broke my heart. Those dealt with the abuse and sufferng a young child lived through. Scars To Bear follows young Jamie through his teenage years, and his struggle to cope with everyday life as a young father.

Once again JD Stockholm pulled at all of my emotions as I read his story. Sorrow, anger, compassion, frustration, to name but a few. The one factor that really stood out for me was Jamie's love for his young son. Yes, at times he did some things that completely shocked me, however, the love and protection that he had toward his son was simply breathtaking.

I have considered it a privilege to have been able to read the story of this inspirational man. He has shown me that he is a survivor of child abuse. Yes he was, and may still be considered a victim, but to have survived his childhood and to be able to tell the story of his young years and how they have affected his current life is quite simply astounding.

This is definitely a book to be read after reading the Dear Teddy books.

FIVE STARS