TOP 500 REVIEWER
5 December 2019
Oh Yeah! Quinn is batting a thousand with this latest book in her Baseball heroes! She has covered all the bases with angst, laughs - so many laughs, but also compassion, tenderness and understanding. I personally feel this has the same vibe I got from The Mother Road, classic Quinn brilliance.

Jason and Dottie are in a league of their own and right of the bat I loved Jason, hard! He is quirky, but oh so loveable. I cherished the way he looked at life and his sensitive side but he could also turn into a bear fighting machine when needed. He wasn't all soft and cuddly, he definitely could take control at the appropriate moments. Dottie was a witchy wench, but in a good way. She, like Jason, had been burnt before with relationships, so work was her dominate calling until Jason walks back into her life. Some would say that Jason is not in Dottie's league, but he pulls out all the stops and at one point, it was like Dottie sent him down to the minors as he tried his hardest to win her over. Of course, watching this all unfold from the bleachers was the gang from college that now all live in Chicago and the guys playing for the opposing team. Knox and Emory from The Locker Room live right across the hall. Carson and Milly from The Dugout are not far away.

There are a few curveballs that impede this couple but with persistence from both of them, it is bought home with a heartfelt epilogue and one hell of a happily ever after. I am not sure why I thought there were only going to be three books in this baseball related series, but I have a strong feeling that we will touch base with Jason's sister Natalie as I feel she has more to tell us, as does Cory - Milly's Ball playing brother. But the one I am most intrigued with is Walker, I am desperate for him to get his own book and know more about why he is so grumpy but appealing. I, for one will be staying tuned and waiting for another home run.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink