TOP 1000 REVIEWER
Reviewed in Australia on 13 November 2018
This story, which is book #4 in A Love Happens series, has been a long-awaited release by Jodi Watters and I have to say was more than worth the wait.

Jodi is a relative newcomer to the indie author community but from her very first novel, she has packed a mighty heavy punch with her contemporary take on military romance.

Have a Heart, as is preceded by the first 3 books, is full of humour, heartache, passion and romance.
Jason and Tessa have become one of my most favourite couples of this year. Their chemistry was instant and damn did you feel it! I loved their introduction, their connection was immediate, and then what followed was a journey into scorching passion - wowsers these two knew how to make this reader blush and fan herself; lead to a path of hard-earned self-awareness and self-acceptance; and finished with a heart-wrenching confirmation that fate truly is a fickle bitch!

Tessa is a gorgeous character. Her inner vulnerability rears its head in the form of sarcasm and witty wordplay, however, her inner strength shines through this repartee in a way that is so captivating and endearing. She is a very funny woman and I love, love, love her!

Jason, you poor tortured soul. I felt everything you wanted me to feel. You managed to put me smack bang in the tormented place you reside and you made me sad, so very sad. I loved how you protected yourself, because honestly, this is how, in real life, we all protect ourselves from hurt and pain. You were REAL. Your disquiet was palpable and I believe ironically, that no one but Tessa could have quieted those inner demons.

This author knows how to pull out the emotion in a reader and this book is chock full of emotional reality. It will take you to the depths of anguish, yet, through humour and wisecracking, and smoking hot raw sensuality, you are taken to a place that defines the embodiment of Love.

A beautifully written story that is in my top reads of 2018 and of all time.
5 stars