TOP 100 REVIEWER
Reviewed in Australia on 3 June 2020
I was privileged to receive an ARC of Madeline Ash’s new romance, Her Cowboy Prince. This is the second book in her Cowboy Princes series and tells the story of youngest prince Kristof, or Kris to his friends. Set in the fictional European country of Kiraly, the story focuses on Kris’s relationship with Frankie, the head of palace security and his former best friend. Kris had been unaware of Frankie’s role in his life while he was living in Montana with his brothers and feels understandably betrayed when he discovers she’s been deceiving him.
Frankie meanwhile is torn between her growing love for Kris and her shame at the way she grew up and the things she did to survive. She doesn’t think she’s worthy of him. That said, Frankie is one of the fiercest heroines I have ever read. She is whip smart as well as being awesomely fit and skilled in defensive arts.
For me this story had so many strengths it is hard to know where to start. First of all, the story grabbed me on the very first page and held me throughout. The characters are expertly drawn and easy to empathise with and my goodness I loved some of the prose.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink