Reviewed in Australia on 26 January 2019
The KonMari method of tidying is a well written book that takes you step by step through the processes of decluttering and tidying your home to leave you with a zen like sense of peace and calm and has the ability to be life changing. What I enjoyed was that Marie also explains the reasons behind her "don'ts" in that she has tried things in the past that didn't work long term and she is trying to ensure we don't fall into the same traps once we have read her book. I did jot down a few of my own notes whilst reading it just bullet points really so that once I start Konmari'ing my home I stay on track. I can't wait to see and feel the results! There has been some facebook controversy of late about Marie's take on decluttering book collections and as an avid book hoarder this particular part of the process did hold a lot of interest for me. Marie explains the book decluttering so well and the whys behind it that now even a book hoarder like me can feel confident in only keeping the actual books that spark joy in me and letting others that I have loved but no long spark the same degree of joy go and make someone else happy. Definitely worth a read.
One person found this helpful
Report abuse Permalink