TOP 50 REVIEWER
Reviewed in Australia on 8 December 2018
Favorite Quotes:

Alcohol was not a good idea. It only made things worse. The buzzing in her brain seemed to move up an octave when she drank, like a conductor elevating their baton, leading to the crescendo.

He seemed to suffer a Peter Pan complex and have inherited those enviable athletic Doyle genes. Despite his lean yet muscular build, it was likely he still ate like a teenager whose parents had gone away for the weekend.

“And do you read what your aunt writes, Amelia?” Frederick tilted his head towards Amelia, a waggish glint in his eyes, an arched eyebrow cocked at her. “The first time I did, I don’t think I could look her straight in the eye for a week. It was pure smut.”

It was far too soon for any sort of relationship for Amelia, but if she were to have a little rebound fling, Frederick was a good choice. Remind her that there were other fish in the sea. And when the fish were as handsome as Frederick, it certainly made Toby look like carp.

My Review:

I quickly added this bright and shiny author to my watch list after reading her delightful and highly impressive debut a few months ago with The Things We Leave Unsaid. I seemed to have made an excellent call or maybe even a psychic prediction, as her second book was equally engaging, cunningly paced, insightfully observant, and smartly written. This gal has mad skills. I adored her lovable yet flawed characters; they enticed and intrigued me. I have now wisely shuffled her name over from the Ones to Watch into the Favorite Authors List and feeling quite clever and rather Zen about it. I’m also happy to have a new addition to my Aussie Word List with little tackers, which the Urban Dictionary informed me was Aussie speak for small children.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink