TOP 50 REVIEWER
Reviewed in Australia on 9 November 2017
I have to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed The Quint Chronicles and I will really miss all the characters in the series, especially Winnie.

This book concentrates on Mary Grace, and her tragic and yet uplifting story. She grows up as a mixed-race daughter of two white people in Guyana. Obviously, questions are asked as she gets older and tries to figure out how this can be. What follows is a rather complicated book where a lot of things are not what they seem, but throughout it all, Grace remains strong, passionate and yet very caring. Her Aunt Winnie is her rock, and she is the matriarch of her family, a widow with seven sons.

There are a lot of cultural shifts and changes happening in Guyana at the time this book is set and to say that it is a tumultuous period in that country's history, is an understatement. What I like about this story is that the character of Jock Campbell was a real person, and the author has done a great job of melding fact with fiction.

I am really pretty sad that we have come to the end of this series because I have enjoyed it so much. I have laughed, cried and sighed along with the characters. All of them have added to the richness of this novel and the author has a wonderful gift of storytelling; she really makes you feel like you are right there.

Highly recommended from me, 4.5 stars.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink