TOP 1000 REVIEWER
16 April 2018
As someone deeply entrenched in the Apple ecosystem, buying the Amazon Echo wasn't an instinctive decision.

However, I identified a number of first-world problems that I thought the Echo could solve, so decided to give it a try. The installation and set up was simple and took very little time.

The two big things I'd wanted the Echo to do for me were to add things to a shopping list "on the fly", and set timers. For this reason, we installed it in the kitchen area.

In addition to perfectly carrying out these "mission critical" tasks, I have been able to use a few IFTT triggers to duplicate the Echo shopping list on my Apple Reminders list, add events to my iCloud Calendar, turn on some smart bulbs.

I would certainly recommend the Amazo Echo as a great starting point for voice-activated home automation. Alexa has a bit of "personality" and the regular updates from Amazon suggesting new uses or skills keep the device "fresh" and fun.
5 people found this helpful