Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More Learn More See more Learn More Learn More Learn more Learn More Learn More

TOP 500 REVIEWER
16 April 2018
As someone deeply entrenched in the Apple ecosystem, buying the Amazon Echo wasn't an instinctive decision.

However, I identified a number of first-world problems that I thought the Echo could solve, so decided to give it a try. The installation and set up was simple and took very little time.

The two big things I'd wanted the Echo to do for me were to add things to a shopping list "on the fly", and set timers. For this reason, we installed it in the kitchen area.

In addition to perfectly carrying out these "mission critical" tasks, I have been able to use a few IFTT triggers to duplicate the Echo shopping list on my Apple Reminders list, add events to my iCloud Calendar, turn on some smart bulbs.

I would certainly recommend the Amazo Echo as a great starting point for voice-activated home automation. Alexa has a bit of "personality" and the regular updates from Amazon suggesting new uses or skills keep the device "fresh" and fun.
7 people found this helpful