TOP 100 REVIEWER
9 October 2018
I wasn’t sure what to expect when I heard these two authors were writing together, I knew it was an office romance, and who doesn’t love those! And that it was going to be funny. I’ll be honest, when I started reading, I wasn’t convinced if I was going to warm to Rome, I thought he was too much of a douchebag. But once again, I just have to trust and believe that all is going to end well for my reading joy.

So we all know there are rules in the work environment. One that most offices have is the “No Fraternizing” rule and Rome Blackburn, CEO, takes his rules serious. So when he gets an email from an employee that can be considered sexual harassment, he can’t let it go. He is mad but most of all intrigued on who the sender is. Now Payton Lévêque doesn’t regret one word she said in that email, drunk or not, she will stand her ground. Even if it is in secret.

The story flowed very well for a collaborative piece. The banter between Rome and Payton was playful and had me grinning, smirking and snorting the whole way through. The best bits are of course when they finally get together and not just in the biblical sense. I loved how Rome could let his guard down with Payton and be truly happy. If you are a fan of either of these writers like me, this is a must read. If you have not tried their work, firstly why not? But secondly this is just the book to get you started on a brilliant journey. I was very fascinated and thrilled reading the epilogue. I so want more more more.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink