Reviewed in Australia on 20 September 2019
It seems like I am a minority in the reviews. I was very intrigued by the blurb and was looking forward to the relationship development and Kate’s interesting backstory, however I was let down.

First of all the relationship between Corwin and Kate. You would think with how much hatred Kate had at the start for Corwin, and there back story there would be a slow but well paced development of over coming her hatred and learning to love him again, or to get over her hatred to fully love him, but that wasn’t the case. There first meeting again was great, however from that point on it went down hill. The development was at an extremely face pace there was no angst, no build up, no actual development over going over her feelings, they just started talking about the ‘old times’

One thing I did like about this novel was the ‘girl saving the prince’ type of factor which I appreciated.

However I could only get through 50% then I had to stop reading it, maybe I will pick it up again when I’m bored but it wouldn’t be something I would make a priority.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink