Reviewed in Australia on 13 November 2017
4.5 stars – reviewed by Gemma for Your Next Hot Read

I have always been a #LairLover but now there is a new Lair in town called Vaughn and he is just as swoon worthy and smart mouthed as his cousin Jack.

The story is from Vaughn’s POV only which I thoroughly enjoyed. It’s been a while since I’ve read a book from a single POV, let alone a man’s and AM Madden has written this exceptionally well. It was great to hear his thoughts on everything and read about his own thought process when things ran amok. There were some genuine laugh out loud moments and his c*&k clearly has a mind of its own (lol)

It follows Vaughn as he moves from L.A to New York where the sky’s the limit with his new satellite radio show. He is a sex therapist and the ultimate shock jock. Vaughn is brazen in every sense of the word and no subject is taboo for him and his advice. Shame his own sex life isn’t as crazy as some of his callers.

His best friend and assistant, Haven, also followed him to NY and she is the complete opposite of him. She is a little shy in a sweet and endearing kind of way but is Vaughn’s champion; always there to tell him when he messes up or when he needs a pep talk.

One caller to the show changes everything for Vaughn and Haven in more ways than one and there are a few twists and turns, which even I didn’t see coming.

This is the kind of book that you get completely sucked into the characters and their lives. Sometimes I just wanted to slap Vaughn and tell him to wake up, but it is all part of the extremely well written book. For me, I would have liked it to be a bit longer but it’s purely selfish reasons as I loved the book and the characters. I just wanted more, plain and simple. This is another triumph from A.M Madden and I can’t wait for more.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink