1 September 2015
I'm torn with this book. I loved the first part where they spent time together at the beach. I could have read a whole book situated right there. When it moved on to two of them going back to their usual lives, it changed a little for me. It became all tense and choppy (Sky putting up so much of a fight it seemed she didn't even like Dylan anymore, then still jumping into bed with him) and I didn't find myself enjoying being in their world.

That said, the writing is of good quality and the story moves at a decent pace. The characters are well developed and the dialogue is natural and realistic.

And one particular scene I want to point out is when Sky first stumbles onto Jem while she's trying to navigate the hallways of the mansion. I really felt the tension there and as a reader wanted to push Sky out of the room and toward safety. That scene came across as intimidating and real for me.

As a whole it's an entertaining read, and there's enough going on there that it makes me want to continue on to find out what happens to all the characters.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink