TOP 50 REVIEWER
26 May 2019
3 Stars

Fallen (Book #1), Torment (Book #2), Passion (Book #3), Fallen in Love (Book #3.5), Rapture (Book #4), and Unforgiven (Book #5) make up the Fallen series by Lauren Kate. They are Young Adult, paranormal stories- with fantasy, angels, good vs evil, drama, angst, fate, hidden agendas, danger, mystery, a love triangle, reincarnation, and more.
This is another book/series that has been sitting on my book has been on my TBR for far too long. Another series that had got lost amongst the thousands of books on/in my TBR. This year part of my reading challenge was to reduce my TBR- both in paperbacks and on my kindle, by reading some of the older backlog. So, here we are….
After reading the entire series now, I have to admit that although the premise and world building was quite good, there were parts that really frustrated me, and fell a little short. I was expecting to be blown away- but it just failed to deliver on my expectations. That’s not to say that I didn’t like the series, I didn’t mind it- but I fear my expectations were much higher than the books could deliver. I do recommend reading the books/series for yourself and making up your own mind though, as there are plenty of people who absolutely loved them.
The story/series follows Lucinda (Luce), Daniel, Cam, (and many other characters) as we discover a world of fallen Angels, Nephilim, curses, reincarnation, and even some time travel. There is much more to the characters and the situation than first appears, and there were a few twists thrown in that I didn’t see coming- but a lot of the story was a little predictable.
I would read more of Lauren Kate’s work just to get more of a fell of what she’s capable of.

Thank you, Lauren Kate!