TOP 1000 REVIEWER
26 August 2018
4.5 Stars
Annie Seaton is one of my favourite Australian authors. It’s not just because she used to teach at my high school and is a lovely lady, but her books are wonderful! Really well written and meticulously researched.

I was introduced to her recent books when I read Kakadu Sunset, and I adored it! Romantic suspense is my favourite genre and I was happy when Daintree and Diamond Sky soon followed.

I found myself falling in love with the characters and the beautifully described Australian settings. This time, the suspense takes a bit of a back seat as she delves into a more historical romance setting, but still with splashes of suspense remaining throughout.

Olivia works for her father, a big head of a ruthless corporation, and is sent to the Whitsunday Islands to give a presentation about a mining proposal that her the company has invested in. However, when she gets there a chance encounter with an old woman leads her on a journey of discovery about her life and future, and also delves the story back in time to war, romance and heartache.

I absolutely love the Whitsunday Islands. My husband and I got engaged there and it holds a special place in my heart. Her descriptions of the landscape and waters are so vivid and beautiful. I could almost picture the view from her balcony, and the pristine blue water that she was sailing in.

The jumping back and forth in time worked really well and the breaks in the story were well timed. Having a different focus on each part of the story allowed it to flow really beautifully and was very enjoyable. I loved that there were two romances to focus on!

Even though I don’t read many historical books, I really enjoyed the story of the war in the Whitsundays! Something I would never have thought I would be interested in, however found myself googling it after I had finished the novel.

I thought the characters were great in both time settings. I really liked Fynn and Olivia. I thought her father was a great character, I would have liked their relationship to have been explored a little more, but he was a great character to hate!

Would I recommend Whitsunday Dawn?
Absolutely! Another beautiful Australian setting and captivating story by a fabulous Australian author. I am looking forward to the next one!

Many thanks to the publisher and Annie Seaton via Netgalley for a copy of Whitsunday Dawn to review.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink