TOP 10 REVIEWER
16 October 2019
Another super cute story from Helena Hunting. I have missed being in her hockey world, and this was a great way to get back.

Lainey and RJ's story is full of attraction, dripping with lust - and halted by lies.

I didn't even read the blurb before I started reading this one - didn't need to lol. However, if you do read the blurb, you could have a pretty good guess at what one of the lies is. Or like me, you will guess some of it as you are reading along. However that did not take away anything from my enjoyment.

Their story is a wonderful second-chance romance, with a few hurdles along the way. There was a bit of drama for drama's sake, however nothing was really OTT.

Were they lies? Were they lies of omission? Does it really matter at the end of the day. Someone gets hurt either way. It is the way that the hurt is dealt with that matters, right?

I liked that when things get found out, there was some serious grovelling, and our guy shows the man he really is, not what the world shows him as.

I loved seeing the Pucked boys and their families - Vi is still as funny AF as she every was, and I love every scene she is in.

I did miss the actually hockey in this one though - but that is just me!

I am really looking forward to the next book now.

Run out and grab yourself a copy of A Lie for A Lie - RJ is worth it!
2 people found this helpful