#1 REVIEWER
13 April 2019
I love, love, love this book! This story is an annual read. Please do not destroy your view of the book by watching the movie first. So pleased it was a daily deal as my paperback is tattered and has been read at least 20 times now... good to have a copy in my Kindle Library as well...

Nicholls keeps you reading and reading from page 1 and I found it impossible to put it down. His amazing story telling will draw you in and you'll feel like you are right in the moment with Emma and Dex, seeing what they are seeing and feeling what they are feeling for *twenty* years...

Emma and Dexter are both deeply flawed, but so very real. Dexter is an ass throughout most of the book, but seeing him through Emma's eyes, you just know that he can be so much more and you can't help feeling Emma's heartache and anxiety as she watches him and tries to stand by him through the years, hoping he'll finally mature and live up to the potential she just knows he has.

As another review had said, this book will teach readers, "Live everyday like it's your last." In the end of this book, it really will affect the reader like it had done to myself. It took me a little to cope with the line that hit me hard with shock. The way it is written is very simple, and even though I’ve experienced it many times it is just heart wrenching and devastating as the first time.

An abiding friendship and love story with depth. This story has a grit and heart. It is touching, witty and poignant with a realism that is tangible. When you have finished this novel it will be hard to get it out of your head it is not just a read it is an experience. Simply Wonderful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink