TOP 500 REVIEWER
Reviewed in Australia on 23 August 2017
The last few months have been tough for Quinn Kavanagh since the night of his near fatal motorcycle accident. But now with the help of his childhood crush, Dr. Keira Finley, he might just start to be able to find his way back to doing the things he loves like his secret passion for sculpting. Yet, the more time he spends with Keira, the more Quinn finds himself falling for her all over again, especially when she encourages him to follow his dreams. However, when the right opportunity arises for one of them, will they stay together or will they decide to end things?

Just like all the other books of this series, this story was everything I'd hoped for and more in the way it was enthralling, fast-paced and had me enjoying the main characters due to their back stories and everything they go through to be together. The way this story started with the prologue had me empathizing with the hero because of what happens to him, yet it also had me hooked as I was determined to discover how life has been treating the hero after his accident. However, it was from the moment the hero and heroine met that had me amused due to the heroine's reaction to Quinn.

As for the dialogue, it was intense due to the main characters history, as Quinn doesn't know whether he'll ever be able to trust that Keira won't leave again. Will Quinn give her a chance? However, in saying that, the dialogue wasn't all intense. There were some really good light-hearted moments that had me smiling, Furthermore, Keira was an enjoyable heroine and I loved her back story. Why did she leave the way she did all those years ago? She's also resilient, brave and I liked how determined she was to first win back Quinn's friendship and then discover whether they could be more. I also liked how much faith she had in Quinn's artistic ability and how she encourages him to follow his dreams. Will he finally confess his love of art to his family? Will he follow his dreams like the heroine encourages him to?

While Quinn, he was a fantastic hero who has been through a lot and I couldn't help but sympathize with him when it came to what happened with his accident. Certainly, he's lucky to be alive and I liked how determined he was to get back to being able to take care of himself instead of relying on help from his family. I also liked his enthusiasm for his art and his determination to pursue his dreams, as he needed to know whether he could have more outside of working for the family gym. Will his family be supportive of his dreams? Yet, what I liked most of all about the heroine is the tight bond he shares with his family and how they will do anything for each other whether it's offering much needed advice or offering each other support in tough times.

Overall, Ms. Robinson has penned a fantastic read in this book where the chemistry between this couple was powerful; the romance hot and made me think that Keira is one lucky woman with being able to get a second chance with Quinn; and the ending had me liking how supportive Quinn's family are when it comes to being with the woman he loves. Yet, what I liked most about the ending is how determined Quinn was to win Keira back because there was no way he could live without her. I would recommend Chasing a Legend by Sarah Robinson, if you enjoy the second chance romance trope or books by authors Corinne Michaels, Sidney Halston, Brenda Rothert and LP Dover.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink