Reviewed in Australia on 28 October 2019
Disclaimer: I do not get anything for this review, other than the joy of realising that I can willingly recommend this book with a good heart and a clear conscience.

The implementation of Information Technology in the user environment often leaves much to be desired – either in percentage utilisation, user skills, or a combination of these and other factors. These prevent the business from realising the true benefit of the investment.

In this book Stewart Marshall provides the non-I.T. executive (or decision-maker) with the information, methodology and 5 principles with which to address and resolve these problems. This is done in language free from acronyms, jargon and I.T. ‘tribal-speak’. The book flows progressively through the methodology, leaving the reader with a clear understanding of how to approach the situation in a structured manner.

This book cuts through the noise and helps the reader, through the use of the five principles, to focus on those signals which will return the optimum benefit. This is done by ensuring that the right tools are given to the right users (and, in certain cases, your customers), with the right training and at the right time.

I highly recommend this for all non-I.T. executives wanting a fresh perspective on optimising their investment in I.T., as well as for the I.T. executive who would like a refresher on seeing his field from the eyes of the C-suite. In fact, I would suggest putting it on the list of gifts for customers this year. But first get a copy for yourself.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink