Reviewed in Australia on 17 August 2019
Ahh I’m not really sure how I feel about this book! So so many emotions Amanda takes the reader through, from fear to pity to pride to hope to happiness to devastation. This book will move you and make you feel almost every emotion possible.

We followed the story of Anna from age 6ish where she was a happy child living with her single mum and older brother who lived as poorly as most yet had all she ever needed. However, this book moves through her teenage years and into adulthood where Anna’s life is anything but a walk in the park as she learns to deal with loss, grief and finding her voice and herself. Surrounding herself with the very few people she can count on she finds love but is it at a cost to the one thing she most wants, to be a mother?

This book isn’t your usual ‘happy ending’ book, which I quite liked. Most books run the same, they all live happily ever after. Nope, not this one, and while it’s heartwarming to see Anna find her voice and form beautiful relationships with most around her, others took a turn I didn’t see coming and left me wanting more! Amanda had just the right amount of twists and emotional turns throughout the book that made me feel every emotion that left Anna’s body throughout the pages of the book.

I’m now looking forward to reading Theo, the next in the series of the story that became Anna and Theo’s.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink