28 June 2017
Legally Mine, the second book in this millionaire mixed with suspense trilogy, picks up where the first book left off. This follows in the same fashion as the previous book of things steadily building (it’s another fairly long read) and is filled with plenty of angst but just when I thought the book was becoming a little predictable there was one last surprise that gets thrown in at the very end that leaves you eagerly wanting to read the conclusion to the cliffhanger and plot in book 3!

Mostly told from Skylar’s perspective, with a couple from Brandon’s POV to help move the story along, Skylar and Brandon are at a crossroads as they both find their lives moving forward but with challenges coming their way that make a relationship still just as hard. Sub-characters play larger roles within this book in comparison to the first book which focused more on Skylar and Brandon. It’ll be interesting to see what roles these characters play in the conclusion of the story.

I’m not sure if it was just me but I found this book to be sort of more a filler book to move the plot along ready for the final book. I’ll be honest that I got a little bored at times with the pacing and frustrated with the characters in this book as they were a little too contradicting so I’m hoping in the final book I’ll start to love them again as I did in the first book. In terms of writing style, however, this book continued in the well written and edited style of the previous book.

Definitely looking forward to reading the conclusion to this series!

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book. I was not compensated for my review, and I was not required to write a positive review. The opinion expressed here is my own.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink