24 September 2018
Having not had much success with Zelda games in the past, despite my best efforts, I was sceptical when I ordered this, but thought all of the amazing reviews can't be wrong, and maybe I'm the problem, not the franchise.

I'm glad I took the chance, because it really is a great piece of work. The area is huge and varied, and every corner yields a new discovery. I still continue to be taken aback, even after having sunk over 70 hours into it.

It's a completionists nightmare or dream dependent on your viewpoint. There is just so much to do and you can sometime feel overwhelmed with the sidequests and exploration. But the game is what you make of it, dipping your toe into it as much as your time allows.

Finally, you don't need to have an intimate grasp of the Zelda lore to enjoy or understand the game. I have only a nodding acquaintance to the franchise and I don't think I'm missing out. It's an RPG which stands on its own to feet. Would recommend for any library.
6 people found this helpful