4 July 2017
This was my first book by Kristen Proby, and I have moved on to read the rest of the series, which is a sign of how much I enjoyed this book. The characters were very normal, she managed to create conflict and carry the story forward without resorting to over-the-top clich├ęd external forces.

My only complaint is the poor grasp of timelines by the author - I am assuming these books have not been professionally edited otherwise the enormous errors of these would have been fixed. While I loved the storyline and overall the writing style, I found these gaps very distracting (eg heroine agrees to a drink after work on a Friday, gets called to an emergency, next character says heroine has been "hassling the hospital staff all day", heroine goes home from hospital and then is having to go to work because its Monday??? What exactly happened to Saturday and Sunday? Time leaps happen, but it didn't get addressed properly and happened a number of times.) But while this did bother me, it didn't ruin the rest of the story and the wonderfully constructed characters.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink