3 August 2016
This was a fantastic read! You will laugh, sigh, and have your heart broken, and your heart warmed. This story combines just the right amount of cute, funny and sexy moments. Val and Griffin together are a perfect match and their chemistry is off the charts steamy. The love scenes are well written and sensual. The storyline is easy to follow and the emotion tied up in the pages makes this story shine. I really enjoyed all the scenes involving the dogs and the K-9 training, it was interesting and it really added another layer to the story and to the individual characters. Also the way Alzheimer's was depicted is spot on, I work with these patients every day, and the author does a wonderful job of showing how it effects everyone around the person. The only drawback for me was with Val and her struggle not to "disappoint" her father. I see where the sentiment is coming from and agree with respecting your parent, but at 30 years old I think she should have been looking to her own heart and mind more than what her pastor father would expect. It just seemed like a lot of her choices and decisions were more like a teen still living at home. But even with that being said I truly enjoyed the story. I think it has a lot to offer anyone who loves romance, a good emotional read with bursts of laughter or just a well written engaging story.

Received a copy for an honest review.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink