TOP 500 REVIEWER
20 July 2018
I've been interested in getting into Smart Home products in a while and finally took the plunge with Philips Hue lights starter kit because of the Prime Day special.

The Philips Hue Bridge was easy to setup, though you'd have to install it with a physical LAN connection to the router. It would've been better if it could be connected via Wi-Fi. Detecting the lights and setting different scenes is fairly easy to do on the Hue app.

The amount of control you can get via Amazon Echo/Google Home seems far more limited than what you can do with the Hue app. I keep forgetting to use voice or the app to control the lights and physically turn of the lights - controlling the lights using the app or Amazon Echo/Google Home will take some getting used to. If I were to do it again, I would get a starter kit with a physical switch - either the dimmer switch or tap switch - so that I don’t have to make such a dramatic change in habit of how to control the lights.

Unfortunately, the Philips Hue light bulb is slightly wider in diameter to the non-smart Philips Hue LED light bulb - this meant that these light bulbs could not fit into the downlight fixtures I have and I could only use one of the light bulbs for my desk lamp. So, for now, I will have to return this.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink