TOP 500 REVIEWER
Reviewed in Australia on 18 November 2018
I am left stunned, excited and shocked by the many revelations this book has given me. Most of all though I cherish the obvious truth of the writing and appreciated the thoughts of Michelle behind some of the momentous events of her eight years in the White House. Her writings though start with her early life and the inspirations she sought from her piers and family. Her story is an amazing example of courage and determination to loosen the shackles of her heritage, engage it and drive herself forward to become America’s First Lady. It was interesting as well to learn about her efforts during the Obama years to be a First Lady that used the position to champion causes that to this day resonate with so many. As an international reader outside of the US, I learned a great deal about the nature of politics in the US from the standpoint of someone who lived inside that bubble and was able to extricate herself and her family with dignity and positive future resolve. As a portrait photographer I could but dream of having her as a subject before my camera. I can but dream.
8 people found this helpful