19 March 2017
After 50 years of being gainfully employed in the aviation industry, if I have learnt one thing it is that there are always two sides to a story. Like a lot of my fellow aviators, when I first heard of the disappearance of Flight MH370, I thought – ‘Damn, not another pilot suicide’. However, James’ well researched book has reminded us that we haven’t heard the other side of this story. There are enough anomalies to the suicide theory to support that James may be correct in suggesting that the crew were probably doing what they were trained to do, and were attempting to get the aircraft back to a suitable airfield before being overcome by whatever was occurring on that flight deck.
The only possibility of finding out what really occurred is to find the wreckage – it may well hold the secret that will prevent future aircraft losses – and we owe that to the passengers and crew whose lives will be saved by this knowledge.
In the meantime, the industry should take notice of James’ suggestions – every one of them is worthy of consideration.
3 people found this helpful