15 October 2019
When Helena Hunting writes a book it’s definitely an automatic one-click for me. When it’s back in the PUCKED world AND the beginning of a new series ... I’m already there!!! A LIE FOR A LIE was another outstanding read, Helena’s words capturing and entrancing me from the beginning. It was wonderful catching up with the Chicago crew ... laughs galore as usual.

Rook “RJ” “Rookie” Bowman is headed to his family’s cabin in Alaska for some well earned R&R. He’s now the Captain of Chicago’s NHL team and needs a break. Lainey Carver is also on her way to Alaska, except she’s going to do some marine research for her Master’s degree.

What happens when Lainey literally falls into RJ’s lap? Well, you can definitely be assured that it’s going to involve some comedy moments, plenty of heat (yeah I know Alaska ...) and some heartache thrown in. The chemistry between RJ and Lainey was like a wildfire ... hot and intense. These two really shone, like the brightest star at night. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end when RJ is called away due to a family emergency.

Fast forward a year and an unexpected meeting may just change everything for both RJ and Lainey. First, secrets must be shared and trust must be gained. These two are just made for each other, opposites so beautifully matched. I fell for RJ ... I mean I fell HARD, he was absolutely divine. He fought with everything he had to prove to Lainey he was worth taking a risk on. She was brilliant, strong in her beliefs, she had the sweetest nature ... but she was by no means a walkover.

Another attention grabbing, emotion destroying ride from Helena. I can’t wait for more of this series. Highly recommended.

Read and Reviewed for Reading Is our Satisfaction