TOP 500 REVIEWER
28 March 2019
4.5 stars.

Holy wow! This isn’t my usual type of book at all, but I LOVED it! The feelings and emotions is evokes are on opposite ends of the spectrum and it’s curious and fascinating all at the same time.
Carter is a great character, if polarising. I can understand why people wouldn’t like him, but I love him!
Zoey is great as well. I love how she stands up for herself and lets Carter know what she wants.

A few small complaints I have are the overuse of the word literally and legitimately. I also think the “everyday” action is a little rushed and at times I thought the storyline dragged a little bit.
One more small thing, I think the language choices weren’t fitting with the characters age and the epilogue sounded like it was three or four years into the future, rather than one.

Still, these are tiny complaints. I loved this book. It’s not for everyone. It’s dark and confronting so please be aware if you have triggers.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink