21 January 2019
I loved the first two books in the Wild Nights series, and Resist was no different. I will even go as far to say that Resist is my favourite. I found it extremely hard to put down - in fact i don't think I did! Kelly did such a terrific job of writing a story about an older woman and a younger man, she was sensitive to the emotions of both.

Lucas "Dimps" Malone is the baby of the Revue team. Totally sexy, funny, protective and has the ability to "make magic". This man would capture any woman's heart, but there was only heart that he wanted and he would do anything to have it. Helena Smerdon is the new lady boss/owner of Wild Nights Revue. She's finally escaped years of being in a destructive marriage and is determined to live her own life. What she wasn't expecting though was an attraction to the youngest member.

The Prologue set the stage for Lucas's and Helena's story. It was saucy and very forbidden - I loved it. Lucas's reaction to Helena is simply adorable, watching him chase her was so sweet. He didn't care about the age gap ...

"Age is just a number."

Helena was smitten with Lucas too, although she tried to fight her attraction to him. The difference in their age and her past made her very hesitant to act upon her feelings. The cat and mouse game that they played was superb. But when her past catches up with her, that when true feelings really come to fruition.

Kelly gives her readers heat both off and on the stage with such ease. Her vivid descriptions of Lucas's routines were .... WOW!!!! There definitely was a lot of seat squirming, fanning and wiping of the brow. It was great catching up with Josh, Cori, Matt, Brad and Noah (oh I so want him to have his own book) - references to the two earlier books did always get a giggle out of me. I love the antics, humour and Kelly's wonderful words. Definitely a book that I would recommend be read.

Read and Reviewed for Reading Is Our Satisfaction

FIVE MAGICAL STARS (definitely needs to be more)
0Comment Report abuse Permalink