Reviewed in Australia on 20 May 2020
Shannon and Kyle are in a long-distance relationship. They’ve never met face-to-face but they communicate several times a day via the Internet. Hurricane Harvey has just landed in Houston, Texas where Shannon lives, and she has decided to stay home and ride out the storm. She’s happy with her decision and reassures Kyle, who is several hours away in Dallas, that she’s fine. That is until the waters start rising…

I’ve read a lot of NA collage/sports/ bully romances with super-hot, rude, mean, alpha males (and I’ll read many more) but Kyle is a NICE GUY and an actual HERO. He is a bit of a dork but in a really cute way. I loved him. At first, I was really frustrated with Shannon for being stubborn and staying in a dangerous situation. However, I warmed up to her the more I learnt about her.

Rising Waters was a little slow to get going but once the action started, I was hooked. Being from Australia I have no concept of what a hurricane is like. While it is often windy here (normal windy not hurricane windy) it hardly ever rains so the idea of that much rain is hard to imagine. However, the description in the book was so realistic that I felt like I was there… and terrified. Rising Waters has a very generous with the epilogue which I loved because I felt like the story was truly complete. I personally would have like a little more steam, but I understand that’s not for everyone.

I read an ARC copy of this book Several weeks ago and I often find myself thinking about this story.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink