14 February 2018
"With their brief lives and their tiny dreams and their hopes that seem fragile as glass."

I listened to this one as an audiobook and followed along in my physical copy. The pictures in the book were absolutely amazing and the sound effects in the audiobook draws you in.

Some pages were very easy to read as some had only a sentence or two and some had no words on them for effect - such as simply being a black page filled with outer space.

"Okay, well for the benefit of the sight-impaired, I am now raising my... oh, dear... yes, it's my middle finger at Mr. Postgrad here."

I was a bit iffy about Jimmy to start with, but he grew on me quickly. So when he was forced to stay in the airlock of the bay where the afflicted were, I did end up crying a little.

"Come to save her beau. Her hero. Her beloved."

Some of the things that Ezra said to Kady made my heart burst with fondness for him. And when he drew hearts made of poetry for her, I wanted to just squish him because of how cute it was.

"Promises are just words. They don't mean a thing."

My guess is that 'Spooner', one of the techs who helped try and restrain AIDAN before he came back online, is a nod towards Meagan Spooner who is Amie Kaufman's partner in crime most of the time. However I could always be very wrong, but I'd like to think that's the reason.

"My databases show no record of this Crazytown of which you speak."

I did tear up a bit when Kady was telling AIDAN about when she used to sleep in Ezra's shirts as they used to smell like him, which is how she guessed that the envirosuit that she was in was the one that he'd worn when going outside the ship.

"Tears track down her cheeks, and her eyes close. This doesn't look much like victory."

I loved this book more than I thought I would. The 600 pages do look daunting, but I'd encourage you to try and read it anyway as it is a lovely book full of beautiful descriptions and just as beautiful pictures.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink