4 August 2016
With Duran Duran posters lining my bedroom walls and sketchbooks filled with 80’s music icons, I am an 80’s girl at heart, my teenage years centred around and heavily influenced by music. Because of this I loved the whole premise of Bring Me Back. A love story with matured aged characters, and a fairy-tale ending to a teenage dream that many of us would have had about our 80’s music idols, mine in particular being JT. I loved the way Bring Me Back was written and constructed, it had such a realness to it and I could easily identify with the reactions and emotions of the characters.

Claire was so genuine and down-to-earth, she dealt realistically with what was thrown at her when their blossoming relationship is made public, papparazi, ex-wives tell-all books, a teenage daughter trying to assert her own independence, and a loving father that thinks he knows best. I really loved her and easily put myself in her shoes. Well, who wouldn’t if you had JT in your head as Chris! As for Chris, he stole my heart. That man was a dreamboat. You could feel the sexuality oozing out of him, his charisma and charm evident for all to see. Their connection was instant, the chemistry between them was palpable and it was so refreshing reading about characters closer to my age, with a depth of characters who were authentic. Navigating through their own heartbreaking situation late in the book led them on a journey to understanding, trust, love and loyalty and I loved being there with them for every second.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink