TOP 1000 REVIEWER
5 January 2017
Wow! Ms Marie has blown me away with another phenomenal read! Dark Tempest is the second book in Red Winter trilogy and should be read after the first book, Red Winter.

I loved this book just as much as the first, if not more. I love, love, love the characters, as well as the incredible world building, the gripping plot and Ms Marie’s writing is perfection!

With the help of Shiro and Yumei, Emi must find the four leaders of the yokai before she ascends and also fulfil her vow to Shiro to remove his oneju beads so that his memories and magic can return.

Dark Tempest focused more on Shiro, Yumei and the yokai. I loved finding out about Shiro’s past, and seeing Yumei in action. Emi struggles with the vulnerability of being a human, but makes the most of her abilities and wins the respect and admiration of the others with her bravery and resourcefulness. I love the bond of friendship between Shiro, Yumei and Emi and how it develops throughout their journey together. I felt all their heart-aches, triumphs, frustrations and fears in their search for the missing yokai leaders – I was hooked!

I found the Japanese mythology fascinating, though I did find it confusing at times with the many Japanese names and used the glossary on several occasions to clarify some of the characters.

Ms Marie weaves a gripping story with unforgettable characters, mythological creatures, adrenalin-filled action scenes, swoon-worthy romantic moments and jaw-dropping revelations which kept me enthralled and intrigued. Can’t wait for the next book!
0Comment Report abuse Permalink