TOP 100 REVIEWER
Reviewed in Australia on 15 September 2020
Oh my goodness! LJ Shen has just hit a whole new level with this book. I feel like 5 stars isn't enough for it. It deserves all the stars in the sky! Right from that prologue I was hooked, By chapter 2 I had cried no more than 3 times. Not full on cry but there were tears. It just owns my heart. It sent me on the most amazing roller coaster ride of my life. I am in awe of this author's story telling. Everything about this book is PERFECT.

The characters are amazing. Grace, oh sweet Grace. My heart aches so much for her. I loved her transformation, I loved feeling like I was a part of that. To watch her grow was nothing short of amazing. West, my heart aches even deeper for this poor broken man. He has so much sorrow in his heart, I just want to reach out and grab him. Hug him. Never let him go. His story made me cry, even thinking about it now has me all teared up. My goodness, this book will always be deep in my heart.

I couldn't put this book down at all. I read it every chance I got. Vicious has always been my top read by this author, but Playing With Fire has surpassed that. I love everything about this book. I love that it's completely different to anything this author has written. I love that the characters are the way they are, I love that it's a small town romance, I love that the characters are as normal as you and me. I love the angst, I love the words, I love the whole thing. I just LOVE IT. It's real, it's heart aching, it's beautiful. It's everything.

I highly recommend this book to absolutely anyone. You NEED this book in your life. You need Grace and West in your heart as they are in mine. I can't wait to order my copy to hold in my hands and have on my shelf, this book is a keeper! If you are anything like me and emotional reads really have you in the zone, grab some tissues, you are going to need them more than once! I love this book so much.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink