TOP 500 REVIEWER
24 December 2017
What a beautiful story! I’ll admit it Against All Odds brought tears to my eyes a few times; but I loved every minute of the journey.
Jezz de Silva is a new author to me. I only discovered him because I was offered an ARC of his second book A Choice of Fate. I read the first few pages of that book and was completely overcome with a need to start the series from the beginning to get the full story.
I’m so glad I did. Jezz de Silva has a beautiful rhythmic writing style that just grabs your attention and won’t let go. His characterisations were spot on. You couldn’t help falling in love with the big marshmallow Ryder or admire Abigails strength. They were believable as a couple, you could almost feel the chemistry coming off the page.
The fact that this is an Aussie author is just a bonus, but what I truly loved was his ability to weave a tale set in the Australian Outback and have the reader know without a doubt just where they were without relying on Australian stereotypes. I mean I love Crocodile Dundee and Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, but I don’t want to feel like I am reading a script based on these movies when reading a contemporary romance. That didn’t happen here but there also wasn’t any doubt just where in the world the characters were either. Yes, some of the colourful Australian lingo made the pages but it was understated and done in a way to provide humour. It was tastefully done and I loved every minute of it.
I haven’t become so engrossed in a romance for a while and I’m so happy I took a step back and started this series from the beginning. I can’t wait to read book 2!
0Comment Report abuse Permalink