TOP 10 REVIEWER
8 May 2019
I haven't read any of the previous Fox and O'Hare books, however I did not find that this was an issue, as there was enough back story of how they came to be partners to get me through.

Now, I may be in the minority, however with the exception of Kate, Nick and (most of the time) her father Jake, I really didn't like any of the characters.

Vicky was just a vapid, self-important wannabe Kardashian. Cosmo just came across as a babbling 13 years old girl rather than an FBI Agent.

But this could just be me.

This book (and I am guessing the previous books) have a Plum-esque feel to them (silly sidekicks, explosions, so many explosions) which is not surprising. I wasn't sure with a co-author if Janet Evanovich's writing style would come through as much - though really, with the writing style of this book, it could have been all her work.

I liked the cross country continents jaunt that we are taken on and the hijinx that this group gets up to.

I am torn with how to rate this book. Yes, I enjoyed it, however I didn't find it anything new or exciting. It was like reading a Plum book, with names changed to protect the innocent.

Will I read more of this series? Yeah, sure, probably.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink