TOP 1000 REVIEWER
6 November 2018
I’m not quite sure what I can say about this book. I’ve read a few books by this author and loved them, but this one didn’t even feel like it was written by the same author. It was full of typos and grammatical errors, so bad they were distracting. Formatting was unusual. Pages with blank strips and the text all to one side of the page. I don’t know why it was like that.
As for the characters Tully and Brock. They were only just tolerable. Brock more than Tully. I found her to be an annoying, self-absorbed, immature woman who wanted everything her way. She didn’t want her childhood sweetheart Simon, well, not enough to marry him. She wanted a 12 month break to go spread her wings so to speak, but then she didn’t. Spread her wings that is. She met Brock at the gym which despite the title, they are only in on two occasions in the book.
The story was a bit of a jumble to me. At times unrealistic. Tully’s ex gets sick and she rushes to tend to him. The thing is, he gets really sick and not the kind of illness I imagine a person can have and not get symptoms leading up to the diagnosis.
The murder mystery thrown in, kind of missed its mark.
It was back and forth. Hot and cold between the characters. It was just disappointing because I’ve read so much better from this author.
2 people found this helpful