19 November 2017
The first books that I read by Anna Zaires were the Krinar Chronicles and I loved Anna's writing, the characters and storytelling so much that at the time I just wanted more. I hoped that she would write more books set in the Krinar world that she created (and she has since done so, publishing The X-Club and The Krinar Captive. There is also now a Krinar Kindle World on Amazon US).
Admittedly, a while after reading the Krinar Chronicles, when I discovered that Anna writes dark romance, I was a bit ambivalent about it and kind of remained on the fence about whether to read any of her dark romance books.
I don't particularly like many dark romance books.
I enjoy books that have a little or a lot of angst but there are a few dark romance books out there that have too much angst for me to read. There are also any number of dark romance books that I have tried to read and had to put down because the scenes portrayed in the book were too dark, too graphic and I couldn't read on.
Because I enjoyed Anna's writing in the Krinar Chronicles so much, I didn't want to read her dark romance books and take the chance that I wouldn't like her work or her writing in it and that it may put me off reading the books of hers that I had previously loved so much.
Then last year I saw a teaser and excerpt for Tormentor Mine and I was hooked, the writing was great and the book sounded so good so I decided to give it a try.
I read Tormentor Mine and I loved it.
While the book was a dark romance, it wasn't too dark for me to read and I thoroughly enjoyed it and have waited eagerly for the next book in the series to be published.
I was lucky enough to be one of the people who received an arc of Tormentor Mine in exchange for a review and was not disappointed.
Anna really delivered with Obsession Mine.
Tormentor Mine was full of edginess, mystery, suspense, angst and the beginnings of romance and love. Obsession Mine has all that and a lot more besides.
From the very first page I was completely captivated by the story. I just kept on wantng to know what was going to happen next and now after reading Obsession Mine, I want to know what's going to happen even more.
I highly recommend this book.
Fans of Nashoda Rose, Chelsea Camaron, Ryan Michele and A.Zavarelli may be interested in giving Anna Zaires dark romances a try.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink