TOP 500 REVIEWER
12 April 2017
5++++ Stars

This book has it all and then some more. Kylie Scott is an automatic one-click author for me and although it is a big call, I'm going to make it; Twist is my favourite Scott book. I laughed. I cried. I screamed at my kindle in frustration. I loved every second.

The story is fresh and fast paced, with drama and humor from the start. Eric and Joe are brothers, who are nothing a like in either looks or personality. One is a metro-man and smooth talker, the other a deep thinking lumbersexual. Alex, our heroine, doesn't stand a chance! A graphic designer who works from home, she had always been socially awkward. She moves out of her comfort zone, traveling to Idaho to surprise the guy she has been chatting with online. Things develop unexpectedly from there, with twists and turns aplenty for The Dive Bar group.

What I love about all Kylie Scott books, Twist included, are these beautifully developed characters and the interactions between them. They are real and the dialogue between them authentic. I found myself giggling at something Alex said, as it was exactly what my girlfriend would say to me. I want to go to Coeur d'Alene and order a Whisky Sour from Joe, while Vaunghn sings some hideous 90's ballad. Side characters are not just window dressing, but add dimension and fullness to the story.
My heart broke, I cried and held my breath during a number of emotional scenes between supporting characters; who got to share their stories interwoven with the main focus. With this author's writing style nothing is redundant. Ever scene, every dialogue has a purpose. It all builds together to the book's climax.

Although Twist is book 2 of the Dive Bar series, it can be read as a stand alone. However, you will get a better overall experience if you read Dirty (book 1), before diving into Twist.

My only disappointment is that in finishing Twist so quickly, I am going to have to wait longer to visit The Dive Bar gang again. There is a 3rd book in the series, Chaser, and it can't come out soon enough!

A Book Lover's Emporium