TOP 50 REVIEWER
Reviewed in Australia on 23 March 2019
Daisy Jones and The Six - first up I have to say do yourself a favour - listen to the Audible version, it is absolutely AMAZING to listen to this story. With 15 narrators telling the story (yep - I went back to Amazon to look it up and counted once I started listening, as there were so many different voices!), it was mesmerising to listen to - and the narrators all do such a fantastic job with their characters.

The way the author wrote the story made it all the more fascinating to listen to, it really felt like I was listening to a documentary rather than a fictional story. I really enjoyed the way the story was told from the beginning. Alternating between the background story of The Six and their rise to fame, and the background of Daisy Jones, until they meet and then their story merges into the one. The story touches on many things you would expect from a famous rock band from the 70's, with the members trying to deal with their fame, addictions, love, loss, touring, being in each other's faces constantly - I was halfway through the Audible version when I also ordered myself a paperback copy, I just knew it was going to be amazing all the way through to the end, and I needed it for my bookshelf.
4 people found this helpful