TOP 1000 REVIEWER
11 December 2018
I couldn’t get enough reading this! It was so much more than expected to be honest. Filled with so much heartache and swoon-worthy moments, Matthew and Ava had me flipping through the pages with ease. The Ex Effect is my first story by Karla Sorensen—it won’t be my last!

"This was something I could trust, this instinct to lean more deeply into her, into what I felt when I was around her."

Matthew Hawkins is larger than life; a sweet and gentle giant with a caring soul and addictive personality. He also has this certain charm and protectiveness that’s irresistible, you’ll want to wrap yourself up in it! Ava Baker is this hard-working and independent woman working within an industry flooded with testosterone, but she has her own brand of sassiness that keeps all the men around her focused and admiring her presence.

When Matthew and Ava are together, there’s nothing sweeter! It’s an explosion of cuteness that will have your heart soaring; flirtatious moments that ease an underlying tension; a certain tenderness that will hit your emotions deep. They’re the sweetest, most perfect couple despite past circumstances.

"I'd closed off big, important pieces of myself to a man who loved me because I'd never learned how to be loved in the right way."

The Ex Effect is an interesting combination of various tropes—a forbidden, second chance romance between two old friends, bursting with so much heated chemistry and profound emotion, you’ll be invested in everything they do. I love that they lean into their relationship—though there's angst that underlies it that will make your heart pound in anticipation of what will happen next.

Karla Sorensen writes contemporary romance right with heroes who are unforgettable, full of charm and are just perfect real characters. If you've loved her other story, The Bombshell Effect, you'll obsess over this one, too!
review image