TOP 500 REVIEWER
27 September 2017
3.5 Stars ~ Reviewed by Anna Green on behalf of KFF

This is my first read from this author but is the second book of the Reclusive Novel although can be read on its own.  This is a love at first sight/second chance romance written in dual points of view and in which some of the secondary characters are from the first book and play considerable roles in this story.

Lark was working as a waitress in Brack’s Box when she met Rowen for the first time. They immediately felt the connection but their special moment was cut short. Seven years later they met again but Lark has acquired a lot of emotional baggage and Rowen who was in the military is now back and aims to win her trust.

The first half of the book was quite slow to my liking. Lark who is now in her twenties is the bitter, untrusting heroine who is not into relationships. “I kissed a lot of frogs during my search for “Mister Right” and with each failed attempt at finding love, my sensitive heart hardened and I became bitter. Metaphorical scars marred my body from each time I was burned by a man. Every let down felt like another lash ripping away my hope and belief in happily ever after.” How can Rowen convince her that everything is different the second time around and to give him a second chance?

Rowen is a very likeable guy and I give him an A + for his efforts to win back the girl. Sweet, romantic and persistent, he will make you swoon. Their best friends Willow and Xander who were the main characters in the first Reclusive Novel, Redefining Us are both connected to Lark and Rowen’s tale. All throughout the book everything was hearts and roses and hot sex, too smooth sailing and borderline boring but the story kicked it up a notch during the last 20% of the book. The story flowed smoothly, the main characters’ banter a bit clichéd but the sex is quite hot so it’s worth a read.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink