TOP 1000 REVIEWER
Reviewed in Australia on 15 August 2019
I never really followed the life of Kerry or James Packer, so I thought this book would be a good one to read. I was right. This biography is particularly interesting from the perspective that it even exists. James has divulged that he has a predisposition for experiencing bouts of depression & mood swings that has caused him (& those around him) undue stress. Given his psychological fragility I thought it was rather brave of him to allow for the book to be created. Especially given the candor around his phase of alcoholism & other unhealthy choices.

Life can be a struggle at the best of times & illness of any kind does not discriminate. We are all susceptible. The fact that James has allowed for his extraordinary life to be documented is very cool in my opinion.

What is a standout above all things is that he seems to value true friendships. The fact that he maintains such close connections to his ex wive's & other key people, is a testimony to the essence of his underlying character.

I find it fascinating that he pushed so hard to build an empire rather than sit on his inheritance & enjoy a far less stressful life. There is something about his fortitude that I admire.

I wish him, peace, health & happiness. Definitely recommend read.
2 people found this helpful