24 February 2019
Some criteria before I bought this:
1. I don't like TV with high contrast. So I just skipped the OLED option and gave Samsung a pass.
2. We are looking for some affordable TV and we don't need a huge TV for our tiny bedroom. So bye OLED and we think 55" is the best.
3. Operation system doesn't matter for us. Because we have deeply invested in the Apple system with Macs, iPhones, iPads in our family, we decide to use Apple TV for general control and airplay device. In this case, the Android system that comes with most full-featured Smart TV doesn't matter.

After using it for 2 months, my partner and I both love it because:
1. It supports 4K High Dynamic Range (HDR). The color looks so realistic with vivid details. If you come from the 4K Standard Dynamic Range (SDR), you might need some time to adjust to it (because it looks washed out compared with the unnatural high-contrast color in SDR). But trust me, you can never go back or you can switch back to SDR.

2. It can detect your device when you connect it. Maybe it is a common feature now but it was not on my last TV. So every time I connect my Nintendo switch on the dock, the TV will be automatically switched on (if it is off) and changed the input to the game console. It is so easy.

3. The sound is superb. We have two Sonos One speakers but sometimes we even feel the TV has superior sound system than those speakers.

4. The included OS is rubbish. It looks like the last century technology and has been abandoned for good. It can meet your basic demands but it doesn't look that nice though. But since we use Apple TV, I just skipped this.

So for now, I am very contented with this purchase. I know there are lots of high-end technologies in the industry, but I don't want to pay a premium for those marginal advances.
9 people found this helpful