Reviewed in Australia on 17 March 2016
The Joe Pickett series is one of my favourites and this book does not disappoint. It has all of the usual themes of the Government messing with people's lives and a little bit of woo woo. We get some quality time with Nate and Joe is his usual hapless yet incredibly effective self. I think this is the only time I have come close to liking Governor Rulon in any of the novels.

If you haven't read any of the Joe Pickett series I recommend reading them in order. The series is worth the investment of time and although all of the novels are enjoyable, some are stronger than others. The latest book is definitely one of the best. As someone who lives in Australia part of the appeal of this series is being exposed to an area of wilderness so different to the wilderness we have here. Also, the interaction with wild game and the hunting culture is such a different world and Joe's job is fascinating.

I started this series with book 14 and then immediately devoured the earlier books. Since then it has been torture waiting a year for each new novel.
One person found this helpful
Report abuse Permalink