Reviewed in Australia on 18 November 2015
This was fast paced and gripping & I ended up reading on until the middle of the night because I just had to know what happened. I found it was one of those books where I was right there in that world, particularly the action suspense scenes - I was holding my breath.

Although the sexual tension between the main characters is good, the love scenes didn't quite do it for me but they were well written and it didn't interfere with my enjoyment of the book.

The only fails I could find in the book were some minor mistakes regarding plants in the scenery - nothing an author research visit to a local garden nursery would probably fix (Beginning of chapter 1: please note neither Jasmine nor Lantana are native flowers, in fact both are introduced here and Lantana is a stubborn invasive allergy causing pest species with thorns that threatens our native environment, and Beginning of Chapter 32: Frangipanni is not a brilliant purple colour - it comes in both white or peach with yellow centers - perhaps the author was thinking of Tibouchina?). Not a real big fail, but as I could visualizing the story in my head like a movie, it sort of threw me out at the time and distracted from the pace of the book.

The chase scene near the end over urban yards & streets was totally thrilling and I was holding my breath, and the heroine's later face to face fight with the psycho (not giving the plot away) was chilling. Actually, I think this book would make a great movie.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink