TOP 100 REVIEWER
Reviewed in Australia on 17 December 2017
5 Stars

The Charmer’s Gambit is the much anticipated second instalment in the Mershano Empire Series by Lexi C. Foss. After reading the first book in this sublime series, The Prince’s Game, I was hooked and could not wait to continue on to book two. I had so many ideas and possibilities swirling around in my mind, but what Ms. Foss produced eclipsed anything that I had come up with. As with the first book, this one was so sexy- Ms. Foss building the chemistry and sexual tension between Rachel and Will to blistering levels. I was riveted to the pages, on the edge of my seat as I read along. There was intrigue, suspense, an element of threatening danger, some mystery, drama, and a wonderful, swoony romance.
Rachel and Will are such wonderful characters. Their story lived up to all my expectations, and then some. They bring something different, and yet just as exciting as the first book, to the series. I am in awe of Ms. Foss, she is such a consummate writer- I really can’t wait to read her next book.
I can not recommend this book, and series, enough. One of the best writers/series/books that I have read this year! It should be on everyone’s ‘must read’ list!

Thank you, Ms. Foss!