#1 REVIEWER
30 December 2018
I am a Karin Slaughter fan however many of the luke warm reviews meant I put off reading this until my holiday. Sure, ‘ Pieces of Her’ is not a traditional Karin Slaughter romantic suspense, in fact, it is all suspense and thriller but it is a great piece of writing that had me riveted, hence I do not understand the negative reviews.

This book jumps right into action: Andrea is having lunch with her mother Laura, discussing her life choices, she is 31 years old, still lives with mum, doesn't have much of a career or a personal life) when chaos erupts and her life is forever changed. The first third of the book is very tense, Andrea finds herself on the run and trying to figure out who her mother really is.

Then the time flips to 1986 and Laura's life takes shape. I admit that it really stalled the momentum at first when it went back in time, but eventually those chapters were just as tense as the present day ones. The chapters alternated between 1986 and present day. Laura's life is explained as Andrea discovers more of it on her own.

I wanted to finish this book to find out who and what was really going on and then when I finished it, I wanted to read more. It is a little gruesome in places, but I didn't want it to end. It is a great story of love and hate and secrets. While the characters are not super likeable the story is suspenseful and it proves that no secret ever really remains a secret forever, no matter how hard we try to run from the truth...
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink